Thursday, May 20, 2010

FIND YOUR MUSE!








"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls" - Joseph Campbell

I must have edited this thing a thousand times. I don't know what to write! How can I find my bliss when I can't even write on how to start finding it? Where do I look anyway? Fuck!

Let's start from the beginning. This all started when I read the book FOUR HOUR WORKWEEK by Tim Ferriss. I was so inspired by this book that I am determined to change the world - at least my world -  bend it to my liking and make it my bitch.

FIND YOUR MUSE - the book says. I learned a couple of things in trying to find my muse:

1) Finding your muse is a bitch
2) I don't know myself enough to figure out what i really like
3) Finding a niche is even more of a bitch than finding your muse
4) I am too lazy to do all this stuff

I did all the stuff that the book said - well not exactly everything. I did try to create my product, visit a barnes and noble and look for obscure magazines, etc. Nothing worked, maybe because it doesn't work or I didn't really try it because I thought it wasn't going to work which was stupid. I mean how can I know if I don't try? I just told myself I am smart and that pretty much justified it for me. More importantly, I am too lazy to do any of it. I could have been "unmotivated" because I don't know exactly what I was doing but in closer scrutiny, unmotivated=lazy!

Maybe because I had a good job and got paid well. I didn't dislike what I did either. I was suffering from a tolerable and comfortable existence doing something unfulfilling - which was apparently the most common and the most insidious case! Tim was right - I was bored out of my mind and had to do something before I went postal on myself!

Fuck it! my thinking has been very uptight. I am being very undude! I don't know exactly what I want but I do know what I don't want. Ill go for my "mini-retirement" and "hope and pray" that I would find my MUSE along the way.

And so I quit my job, rented my condo, gave my car to my parents, packed my bag and went on my way!




No comments:

Post a Comment