Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My 4th website!

I just launched my 4th website!

The amazing thing is that I just launched my first last month! Joomla rocks! I did this in a span of about 2 weeks! The 4th website is www.gintongkamao.com. I launched this one 1st week of November and I am already seeing some good numbers on it. I am not using adwords this time - just facebook and twitter to adverstise this site. On occasions, I just talk to random people and beg them to go to the site. So far, my efforts have been paying of as I am seeing a steady growth of traffic from different parts of the globe too!

What is the site www.gintongkamao.com about?

Well its about Drian "Gintong Kamao" Francisco who is a professional boxer from the Philippines. His moniker is "Gintong Kamao" which means Golden Fists in Tagalog/Filipino. He's a very talented young boxer with a ton of potential but does not have a lot of exposure outside the Philippines. He can be the next Manny Pacquiao! So I decided to help him out - well actually, his manager happens to be my cousin and he asked me if I can promote Drian in the US. Of course I said yes. The easiest way to spread the word was through a website, hence www.gintongkamao.com was created. This was the 2nd site I created with Joomla and this time, I was more at ease creating the site. That doesn't mean it was easy though. It was still tough to do and a lot of customization had to be done. Overall though, if I had to write all that code by myself, fughedaboutit!! Joomla is awesome! I can't say enough about how great it is. Its also free!

I am also almost done with my fifth website, www.ramoncruzacoustic.com. This time, I created a website for a friend of mine who is an amazing guitar player. Like Drian, has a ton of potential but not enough exposure. I don't get paid for any of this - as a matter of fact, I pay for the hosting and domain names! Its ok though, I like what I am doing, I am learning a lot of things, and if it helps these two, then why not? It makes the world a better place. Oh, I almost forgot, I found a way for the hosting part to be a lot cheaper which is why I am able to create these sites now! Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment