Monday, November 22, 2010

SEO - Submit Your Site - Yahoo Site Explorer

How to submit your site to Yahoo Site Explorer?
  1. Login to your yahoo account. If you don't have one - then create one son! its free! www.yahoo.com
  2. Go to https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/mysites
  3. Type in the URL of your site

  4. You will then have to verify your site - once again, the easiest option here is to download the HTML code they provide and upload it to the root of your site.
  5. Once verified, wait a few weeks.
Yahoo indexing is slow - slower than bings but definitely much slower than google. I don't know why. Also, I don't understand how they read meta keyword tags. Some of my sites display the correct keywords - the one I configured and some sites are complete non-sense and it shows that it never gets indexed. However, when you search on that keyword, it shows up in the SERP - a new term I learned stands for Search Enginer Results Page.  I don't understand it at all and this SEO shit is starting to piss me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment