Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Finally moving again!!

I am so glad that I am finally moving again. I am busy but good busy. I got my projects lined up and excited about them. I just finished a niche website and I am starting to use the SEO stuff I learned. I am doing the SEM for it right now. I have also been reading Tim Ferris's new book the four hour body and its a good read. I have started a "body project" of my own. Some stuff from the book I follow but I and doing my own experimentation. He does tell you what to do and tell you what has worked for majority of the people who tried it but it doesn't always apply or you can't really adhere to it. So I use it as guidelines - a map or a reference if you will. I think that's the whole point of the book anyway. We are all different and our bodies react differently so experimentation to see what works is key. The key is to keep track. What gets measured gets managed. So I am doing that as well. I am measuring my total inches and weight. I didn't want to spend any dime on actually getting the body fat measured scientifically (although might be a good idea) so I searched the net to see if there is a "home kit" for measuring body fat. As it turns out, you can get an approximate body fat by measuring your weight and and your waist size! That's true for men only though. Women have to measure a lot more stuff which sucks for them.. but luckily I am a man, I think.. so its easy..

I don't think it has to be scientifically accurate anyway - it just has to be consistent and I can do that and its going to be cheap. Like I said, I am doing my own slightly modified version of his slow-carb diet. Hopefully, I get good results. I am using evernote and google docs to track all this stuff but i might be able to just use evernote - we'll see.

I have a very good feeling about this. I think being cognizant of what my measurements are will affect my decisions on what to eat and more importantly how much to eat. It's exciting and we'll see how it goes. It's been busy but good busy.. feels good to be moving again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment