Thursday, March 31, 2011

Keep on Rolling..

Well its been a few months and I haven't had much financial success with my niche websites. Then again, these websites are very young and I must say that it is harder than what it initially seemed to be. Its not passive at all. It's actual work and at times, it can be frustrating.

My body project is going well though. I have lost 50lbs in just over 2 months and the techniques in the 4HB book by Tim Ferriss works. I have since declared an all out war on my body fat and I am never been this determined to defeat it. I am throwing down the gauntlet - nutrition, exercise and medication. The only thing I will
not submit to is surgery.

The main motivator so far is tracking the results. I weigh and measure myself everyday after waking up and record those measurements in a spreadsheet. I use 3 free tools to accomplish this. Google docs for the spreadsheet, Evernote for the notes/diary I am keeping, and astrid to remind me of the exercises I need to do and when to do it. Its working well so far and I keep my goals simple, easy and quick to accomplish. Every time I feel lazy, I just remember

  1. Overcoming Inertia
  2. Momentum
  3. Record and track the results
I think I am actually getting obsessed with this thing. I have been re-reading parts of the 4HB over and over again and then researching them. I use Evernote to keep track of interesting stuff and then I research the heck out of it. 

I don't follow everything in the book exactly and I have experiments of my own. It keeps me motivated being able to track real results.

Real and track-able results is the key and is my main problem with my niche sites. I keep researching which metrics to pay attention to and then research some more on how to improve those metrics. The results are too inconsistent and its frustrating. I am not sure if the key is just to let them mature and the traffic will flow eventually but its like watching paint dry. The exciting part is that the idea of making money on the internet does if you can get traffic to your site. Easier said than done of course. 

Ill just keep on rolling though. I am convinced that at some point, Ill figure this all out and Ill find my goddamn muse - I just need to keep on keeping on.

"life's a garden, dig it..." - Joe Dirt

No comments:

Post a Comment